This position reports directly to the Supply Chain Manager. The role would encompass all aspects of Purchase Order Expediting. Constant communication with the Purchasing Leads, Quality Surveillance Inspector, Buyers and Project Managers is critical in this role. Some travel to vendor / client facilities may be required.
The Expeditor is required to assist in the development of quotations and expediting of Purchase Orders. They are responsible for maintaining contacts with suppliers and material management. The Senior Expeditor will be responsible for the daily updating of the client Procurement Tracking Reports.
The Expeditor will also be responsible for the management of enquiries from suppliers and internal / external stakeholders. The incumbent will expedite all orders ensuring on-time material delivery, identifying risk, mitigating sources of delay and ensuring receipt of Technical Documentation and spare parts lists for capital equipment.
Senior Expeditor to attend kick-off meetings and shop visits as required. The Senior Expeditor will have a minimum of 10 years EPCM experience and be versed in post award requirements for deliverables. Construction and / or fabrication shop experience is an asset.
Assist in the development in the Expedite Process and tool development.
Expeditor will be responsible for post award administration of Purchase Orders in collaboration with Buyers. Candidate will be required to demonstrate first steps in post award requirements to expedite deliverables, schedule, chair and minute vendor meetings, close out Purchase Orders including coordinate supplier performance evaluations.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Update and maintain current Procurement Tracking Report for distribution to client and internal stakeholders. Maintain schedule and milestones for procurement deliverables
- Expedite vendors / contractors for materials and technical documentation
- Coordinate with contract suppliers or sub-suppliers on required delivery dates
- Identify risk and initiate corrective action
- Ensure all work activities are in strict compliance with client and Corporate Policy (Caltech Senex Instruction Manual)
- Occasionally travelling in assigned areas to monitor supplier’s progression
- engineering, acquisition and manufacturing and reporting of status activities
- Organize inspections as required
- Orchestrate all transportation and logistics as required by our clients. Create and issue Shipping Releases
- Material Shipment Tracking
- Ensure Quality Surveillance and Inspection is coordinated in an efficient manner
- Evaluate and report on supplier performance and, (if required) assist in selection of suppliers for Bidders Lists
- Receive or obtain Material Receiving Reports from site
- Provide periodic direct support to the Material Management and Finance groups to facilitate invoice attestation
- Execute Purchase Order Close-Outs as required by our clients
- Historical tracking and archiving of Labour / Equipment / Materials purchases for internal future project reference
Core Skills Required:
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and effectively: written, spoken, and interpersonal
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team and coordinate procurement process
- Strong ability to organize and plan: computer literacy (Excel / Word), time management, project planning and project deliverables
- Excellent organizational skills are essential
- Strong Skills in Procurement fundamentals: buying, contracts, expediting and negotiating
- Sound understanding of procurement practices and polices
- Ability to multitask, in both capacities of handling multiple jobs/projects, and be able to carry out multiple tasks and scalability within each project
- Fluent with standard Microsoft Office applications
- Understands fabrication cycles, sequences and ability to analyze production schedules
- Understands the relationship between Engineering, Procurement and Construction
- Must be a self-starter and motivated working under minimal supervision
- Must be growth orientated (both personal, and company growth focused)
- Should be willing to receive direction
- Should approach things in a positive manner and be a team player
- Should be available for full time (40 hrs/wk)
- PMAC Certification or in pursuit of certification
- Post secondary education in Business Administration, a similar discipline or equivalent work experience
- The ideal candidate will have 8 to 12 years of experience, with a minimum of 8 years experience in an EPCM environment
- Purchasing, expediting, materials management, auditing, negotiating and identification of critical path
- Calgary based with occasional field trips as required
- Office cubicle work environment
- Work in a team environment